Here’s one case of a guy stopping a shooter. Although I’m not really compelled. Just thought I’d throw it in for reference.
This nifty little post has been making the rounds over the past few days as a good example of why we need more guns to combat school shooters rather than gun control.
The whole thing begins with “Ever heard of the Pearl River, MS shooting? Probably not.”
The hope of whomever created this little piece of pro-gun propaganda is that you’ve never heard of it and that you won’t Google it. Because the vast majority of the information presented here is factually incorrect.
First of all, this case is being presented as some sort of response to last Friday’s shooting at a Connecticut elementary school, even though these events in Mississippi took place in 1997. Since it happened in 1997, why would “the mainstream media” talk about it now? I guess because it’s the one good example of someone stopping a school shooter, right?
After all, it is very true that the assistant principal stopped the shooter by pointing a gun at him. But “stop” is being used pretty loosely here.
The assistant principal stopped the shooter after he had already killed his mother and two other students, and wounded seven others. And was attempting to leave the school grounds in a car. That’s what five seconds of internet research turns up.
So, no, I’m not buying that we just need more assistant principals with handguns to keep our kids safe.
- othemts reblogged this from truthdogg
- brightlightsandcityscapes likes this
- beautieandthebeast likes this
- stevesmithis reblogged this from fuckyeahprogressivepolitics and added:
- fuckyeahprogressivepolitics reblogged this from randomactsofchaos
- mickeymousehasgrownupaclown reblogged this from randomactsofchaos
- quadlutz likes this
- itshockeyseasonbitches reblogged this from brighterthanroses
- captainmander reblogged this from brighterthanroses
- captainmander likes this
- snager-dragon reblogged this from blueheavensangel and added:
- joost5 likes this
- doctorwhatwhenwherewhy reblogged this from brighterthanroses
- smashness likes this
- brighterthanroses reblogged this from randomactsofchaos and added:
- warlikeparakeet88 reblogged this from randomactsofchaos
- warlikeparakeet88 likes this
- mrapier likes this
- randomactsofchaos reblogged this from other-stuff
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- azspot likes this
- hootiepatootie reblogged this from politicalthought1776
- miniaturebee likes this
- la-la-liane likes this
- thisisamutiny likes this
- blueheavensangel reblogged this from kohenari
- blueheavensangel likes this
- dorisdank reblogged this from dignified-and-old
- inthethirdrim likes this
- albert-sinnick likes this
- haphazarding likes this
- irish-mexi likes this
- andrewlamberson likes this
- massmurdera likes this
- fauxpolitics likes this
- thepoliticalbreakdown said: Fascinating. This infographic goes beyond misleading to outright deception and lying. And most ironic is that it is postured as a “true” response to the liberal indoctrination! Unbelievable.
- fromstarstostarfish likes this
- lifesgrandparade likes this
- funwithllamas likes this
- truthdogg reblogged this from kohenari
- blistered-soul likes this
- redrunningfox likes this
- alice44 likes this
- twentysomethingfloater reblogged this from kohenari and added:
- kriszensufi likes this
- leafblower56 likes this
- motor-obsession likes this
- vstr likes this
- tofias likes this