I saw this foolishness on Facebook the other day and had to post it here.
First of all, it’s in remarkably bad taste.
Secondly, it’s patently ridiculous to compare the situation of Israeli citizens facing Hamas rocket attacks and defended by th military might of the IDF with the Warsaw Ghetto fighters, who were outmatched in every sense and literally facing extermination.
Third, I think it’s pretty strange to claim that the New York Times has taken an accusatory tone with regard to Israel in the most recent iteration of the Gaza conflict. I suspect that supporters of the Palestinians would be very quick to disagree about the nature of the media coverage in the United States.
Finally, I would think supporters of Israel wouldn’t be so cavalier about making comparisons to the Warsaw Ghetto uprising when Israel has quite literally been launching an overwhelming display of military prowess against a ghettoized people. I’d have a hard time imagining better propaganda for Hamas than something like this, with just a few of the words changed.
- anonemouse reblogged this from kohenari and added:
- paulogodchalk likes this
- theedwebb reblogged this from kohenari
- blueheavensangel likes this
- brawlermedia likes this
- ataxiwardance likes this
- caracaracara likes this
- se-smith likes this
- aclutteredmind likes this
- resurrecthobbes likes this
- mickeymousehasgrownupaclown reblogged this from kohenari
- randycwhite reblogged this from kohenari and added:
- randycwhite likes this
- thisisamutiny likes this
- politicalprof likes this
- baileyeverywhere likes this
- turnabout said: Plus I’m pretty sure it never made it on to the front page of any American paper back then, pro-rebel or not.
- faerielandsforlorn likes this
- kohenari posted this